Are you ready to take your aviation skills to the next level? Professional pilots and experienced flyers can get advanced ratings, build currency, and improve their skill set with High Flight Academy’s advanced flight training. Advance courses require a Private Pilot Certificate at minimum.

Instrument Rating

Widen your freedom by adding an instrument rating to your credentials.

An instrument rating not only allows you to fly in and through clouds. This opens the door to piloting in inclement weather as well as on flights without visual reference to the ground, horizon or landmarks.

In order to attain an instrument rating, you must first hold a private pilot’s license, have flown 50 hours cross-country time as pilot in command and 40 hours actual or simulated instrument time.

To save money, you can complete 20 hours of the course in our Redbird Simulator.

Click here to read the FAA requirements regarding instrument training.

Commercial Pilot Certificate

A Commercial Pilot certification allows you to get paid to fly. Commercial pilots are able to fly cargo or passengers for hire. This certificate also is the next step in pursuing a career as a flight instructor, charter pilot or airline pilot.

In order to attain a commercial pilot certificate, you must be 18 years old, hold a private pilot’s certificate and have 250 hours of flight time.

To save money, you can fulfill 50 hours of the requirement in our Redbird Simulator.

Click here to read the FAA requirements regarding commercial pilots.

Multi-Engine Training

Multi-Engine training prepares you to fly a twin-engine aircraft. In addition to mastering new maneuvers including one-engine inoperative operations, High Flight Academy emphasizes Cockpit Resource Management (CRM) skills that make you a safer pilot.

Flight Instructor Initial Issue – CFI (Single or Multi)

This CFI course is designed to take a Commercial Pilot single or multi-engine airplane certificate holder to the completion of the Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Certificate.

Expand your career horizons as a professional pilot. Build your experience, knowledge, skill and flight time, while getting paid for it! CFI certificate is required for one to teach other pilot certificate applicants, conduct flight reviews, proficiency or insurance checkouts, and is usually the catalyst in getting the first professional pilot job.

There is really no other better option than being a flight instructor to gain all that experience and flight time necessary to advance on to the other professional pilot careers, like airline pilot jobs.


  • A current FAA Commercial Pilot certificate (or ATP) with Airplane Category (ASEL or AMEL)
  • A minimum of class III medical certificate, or Basic Med.
  • FIA and FOI exam passed (preferred, but not required), or AGI in lieu of FOI.

Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) – Add on Rating

CFII or Certified Flight Instructor Instrument allows one to teach instrument rating applicants; both on ground (aeronautical knowledge) and flight training. If your career goals are to be an airline or corporate aviation pilot, let’s face it, the more instrument time you have the better. And there are only 2 ways to get that actual instrument flight time – teach as a CFII or rent an airplane. Most will prefer teaching instrument rating students. One, it is a lot of fun, two, you learn a lot more yourself (compared to simply renting and flying around), and three, you are getting paid for it!

Also, getting your CFII add-on rating to your existing CFI certificate is another way to renew or reinstate your CFI certificate for another 24 months.

Flight Instructor – Multi-Engine (MEI) – Add on Rating

Multi-Engine Instructor rating is required to teach multi-engine pilot courses. Teaching multi-engine aircraft maneuvers is a lot of fun, and rewarding, if done right. There are a lot of things that can go wrong while flying a multi engine aircraft. With proper training, you will be able to manage any situation or emergency. All of this is covered in our MEI training course.


  • A current FAA Commercial Pilot certificate and a CFI certificate (expired CFI is fine as well).
  • A minimum of class III medical certificate or Basic Med.
  • At least 10 hours of PIC time on a multi-engine airplane. If you do not have this time, you can still join the course, and pay for the extra rental time. 15 hours PIC on ME is required for MEI checkride, and the course includes 5, so you need additional 10.

Schedule Your Advanced Flight Training Today!

Interested In(Required)